Explore Ellis Island’s Abandoned Hospital
An experience unlike any other:
- Our exclusive 90 min. Hard Hat Tour guides you through Ellis Island's Contagious Disease Hospital, abandoned since 1954.
- Access to buildings off-limits to the public.
- Learn the history of this hospital, once the standard for U.S. medical care.
- Discover what life was like in the hospital as you explore the morgue, laundry facility, kitchen, wards, doctors residence and much more...
- See the exhibit Unframed Ellis Island by famous French Artist JR.
Please Note: Ferry Tickets must be purchased separately on Statue City Cruises’ website. (Under Tour Option, select: General Admission)
The tour meets at the information desk located on the ground floor of the Ellis Island Museum adjacent to the National Park Service information desk. When you get to the meeting location, please check in with your e-ticket.
Your ticket purchase directly contribute to the Save Ellis Island’s preservation efforts, so thank you!
Need more than 6 tickets? Check out our Group Tour! We also offer Photography Tours and School Tours and Programs. Have a Question? Please call 201-332-8485 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.